REGISTRATION FOR THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR IS OPEN!
Parents can register children for kindergarten in the Deer Park School District by picking up forms from Arcadia Elementary School, Monday through Friday 9:00am – 1:00pm. If you have questions about the registration process, please leave a voice message for Amy Countryman in the main office at Deer Park Elementary School at 464.5606, or send her an email by clicking the following link – SEND MS. COUNTRYMAN AN EMAIL. Please pass this information along to neighbors and friends who have school-age children in the Deer Park area.
Here’s some important information parents will need to gather before proceeding with kindergarten registration:
- Children must be 5 years old on, or before, August 31, 2020.
- To register for school, parents must provide proof of immunizations. Call the school nurse for more information on immunization requirements (Emily Warila, Deer Park’s head nurse, can be reached at 468.3503).
- To register for school, parents must provide a legal birth certificate (this is not the one with footprints you received at the hospital).
- If you come without proof of immunizations or a legal birth certificate, your child will not be considered for placement in kindergarten.
- If you do not have a birth certificate you can request one from the state in which your child was born. Please contact Ms. Amy Countryman (464.5606) for more information about the documents necessary for registration.
It is important that you bring the documents listed above when registering your child; again, if you are unable to provide these documents we cannot consider your child for placement. We look forward to seeing your child this fall!