Hello DPSD Students, Families and Community,
As superintendent Travis Hanson shared in the district’s recent online town hall, we’re excited to announce the start of athletics and activities for our students! As has been the case with just about everything related to educating kids in the middle of a pandemic, the challenges are many; nevertheless, while we still have a number of details to iron out, it is with great enthusiasm that we head into the 2nd semester and begin phasing-in the athletics programs and many of the enrichment activities our students love.
Specifically related to athletics at DPHS, Deer Park competes in the Northeast “A” League, and we’ve been working with school leaders and athletic directors in our league to build a plan that gives each of our districts the best opportunity to move forward. Sports seasons have been established:
- Fall Sports: March 1 (February 22 for Football)- April 10
- Football, Boys and Girls Cross Country, Girls Soccer, Volleyball, Cheerleading
- Spring Sports: April 5- May 15
- Boys and Girls Tennis, Boys and Girls Golf, Boys Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Boys and Girls Track
- Winter Sports: May 10- June 19
- Boys and Girls Basketball, Boys & Girls Wrestling, Cheerleading
All athletic activities will strictly follow the safety protocols and guidelines put forward by the State Dept. of Health, Spokane Regional Health Department, WIAA, the Northeast “A” League, and the Deer Park School District. As local health metrics change and guidelines are modified we will continually update you in the areas of PPE requirements, allowance of spectators/fans, varying requirements for indoor vs. outdoor activities, and much more.
High School athletic registration, eligibility, and general paperwork can be completed online using the following link:
Deer Park High School Athletic Registration. All participants must complete the online registration process, upload verification of a current physical, and purchase an ASB card at the main office.
At DPMS, sports will be offered 5 days a week, Monday/Thursday for Blue student-athletes & Tuesday/Friday for Gold student-athletes – whatever color group is attending on Wednesday would have that sport on that day (in keeping with past practice, 6th-grade students will be eligible to participate in wrestling & cross country). Necessary paperwork was provided to students – additional copies can be obtained from the main office at DPMS.
Each “season” will have a duration of 3 weeks:
- March 8th – March 26th, 2021: 7th/8th Girls’ Volleyball, 7th/8th Flag Football
- April 12th – April 29th, 2021: 7th/8th Girls’ Boys’ 3 on 3 Basketball
- May 3rd – May 20th, 2021: 7th/8th Girls’ Softball, Wrestling
- May 3rd – May 19th, 2021: 6th/7th/8th Boys’ & Girls’ XC
- May 24th – June 11th, 2021: 7th/8th Boys’ Girls’ Track
- May 24th – June 14th, 2021: 7th/8th Baseball
Club advisors at all levels will sharing (posting) information and reaching out to students in the near future with information regarding FFA, Knowledge Bowl, Key Club, Archery, Drama, Band and many, many more exciting opportunities for our students to get involved in various activities.
Please reference the Deer Park School District, DPHS, and DPMS websites for current and updated information on all of our clubs, activities and athletics. As it pertains to any questions you might have about upcoming activities and athletics opportunities at DPHS, please contact Athletic Director/Activities Coordinator Keith Stamps at 509.468.3509 or via email email@example.com. For questions related to opportunities at DPMS, please contact Ken Ryan at 509-464-5843 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.