On Monday, August 10, Deer Park’s Board of Directors approved the district’s reopening plan. The approved plan shares the district’s desire to provide families with two learning options that allow them to select the best fit for the needs of their children – in the safest learning environment possible. On Wednesday, August 19, at 6:00pm Superintendent Travis Hanson will share additional details about Deer Park’s reopening plan (health, safety, logistical elements, student scheduling) and will be also be joined by of two Deer Park’s teachers who will provide a look at how our schools plan to support students learning from home.
Wednesday, August 19 at 6:00 pm.
Click the following link to join: https://zoom.us/j/98945835070
With the reopening plan in place and Sept. 2 just 20 days away, there’s much to be done to ensure we’re ready for a successful start amidst this new reality. We’re excited about the opportunities to serve kids in unique ways, but also understand the challenges ahead. We look forward to sharing more information about the following topics:
- Increased clarity about use of PPE and screening requirements for students attending in person
- Tweaks to the 2020-2021 school schedule
- More information about transportation and food service
- Which students are in the “blue” group and who is in the “gold” group? Can families request a change?
- Deer Park teachers will show examples of our online learning platforms and tools – both K-5 and 6-12 – and will also provide some interactive demos of what kids will experience as they learn from home (both kids in the fully remote model and those participating in the hybrid model).
- Contingency planning – what if we’re not allowed to have kids in our classrooms?
- More answers to your frequently asked questions
Looking forward to having you join us on Wednesday evening!