IT’S TIME TO REGISTER FOR
Kindergarten registration for the 2017-18 school year is just around the corner! Parents can register a child for kindergarten in the Deer Park School District beginning Monday, April 10th, by visiting the main office of Deer Park Elementary School anytime between 7:30am and 3:30pm. Additionally, in order to accommodate working parents, staff at Deer Park Elementary will be available to register students from 3:30pm to 6:30pm on Thursday, May 4th. Please pass this information along to neighbors and friends who have school-age children in the Deer Park area.
Here’s some important information parents will need before coming to register a child for kindergarten:
- Children must be 5 years old on, or before, August 31, 2017.
- To register for school, parents must provide proof of immunizations. Call the school nurse for more information on immunization requirements (Dawn Epler, Deer Park’s head nurse, can be reached at 468.3503).
- To register for school, parents must provide a legal birth certificate (this is not the one with footprints you received at the hospital).
- If you come without proof of immunizations or a legal birth certificate, your child will not be considered for placement in kindergarten.
- If you do not have a birth certificate you can request one from the state in which your child was born. Please contact the school office (464-5600) for more information about documents necessary for registration.
It is imperative that you bring the documents listed above when registering your child; again, if you are unable to provide these documents we cannot consider your child for placement. If you have any questions about registration please contact the Deer Park Elementary’s main office at 464-5600. We look forward to seeing you!