Kindergarten Registration for the 2015-16 school year is just around the corner! This opportunity to register your child for kindergarten in the Deer Park School District will be on Thursday, May 7, from 9:00am to 12:00pm and from 4:00pm to 6:00pm at Deer Park Elementary School. Please pass this information along to neighbors and friends who have school age children.
Here’s some important information you’ll need before you come to register for kindergarten:
- Children need to be 5 years old on or before August 31, 2015.
- Please bring proof of immunizations. Call the school nurse for more information on requirements (Dawn Epler, Deer Park’s head nurse, can be reached at 468.3503).
- Please bring a legal birth certificate (this is not the one with footprints you received at the hospital).
- If you come without proof of immunizations or without a legal birth certificate, your child will not be considered for placement in kindergarten.
- If you do not have a birth certificate you can request one from the state in which your child was born. Please contact the school office (464-5600) for more information about necessary documents.
It is imperative that you bring the documents listed above; if you are unable to provide these documents your child will not be considered for placement. If you do not have a legal birth certificate you can request one from your child’s birth state. If you have any questions about registration please contact the Deer Park Elementary’s main office at 464-5600.