Deer Park School District recently engaged in a wide search for a new Director of Human Resources. Our desire was to find a candidate who fit the following qualifications and characteristics:
- An open, collaborative style that fosters a sense of teamwork and professionalism.
- Unquestioned integrity, honesty, and diplomacy.
- Possesses proven people skills and is an effective communicator with a sense of humor who is positive, approachable, and respectful of others.
- The ability to support the HR needs of a complex and growing organization to include coordination, direction, support and technical leadership related to all elements of district personnel.
- Experience with collaborative, interest-based bargaining processes and collectively bargained contracts.
- Familiarity with school law, state law as it applies to public school employees, as well as the ability to be responsive to ever changing rules and regulations related to employee management.
We were thrilled to find a candidate whose professional experiences and abilities matched our qualifications in every way and we’re excited to announce the hiring of Jill Christiansen as Deer Park’s new Director of Human Resources. Jill comes to Deer Park with 30 years of HR experience in both the public and private sector. Her wealth of knowledge and expertise along with her demonstrated desire to serve people and seek creative solutions will be an immediate asset to Deer Park Schools.