Join Superintendent Travis Hanson for a one-hour online forum as he presents families with an update regarding the district’s current thinking about the 2020-21 school year as administrators and staff work on a back to school plan to submit to the Board of Directors (the plan will be brought to the board for approval at their August 10th meeting).
Tuesday, July 28 at 6:00 pm.
Click the following link to join: https://zoom.us/j/93856967092
While the situation related to the pandemic remains fluid, and we’re being presented with new details and guidance each week (if not each day), it’s important that families are provided with the most up-to-date information about return to school planning processes to date and the items we’ll be continuing to work through in the weeks ahead. The following topics will be addressed:
- State mandates vs. local (district-level) control
- Washington’s requirements for public schools: screening, physical distancing, PPE (face coverings)
- The district’s thoughts about potential changes to the 2020-2021 school schedule
- Transportation and food service
- Alternative offerings for families that may wish to engage in a distance (off-site) learning model
- Contingency planning (what if we’re not allowed to have kids in our classrooms?)
- Answers to frequently asked questions
Whether you’ll be accessing the forum from your computer or a smartphone, you’ll have the opportunity to submit questions to panelists who will either answer your questions online or pass them along to Superintendent Hanson to be answered during the forum.
Looking forward to having you join us Tuesday night!