We had excellent participation in last week’s online “back to school” community forum…and we also received lots of positive feedback! That said, we’re very aware that many questions remain about what school will look like in Deer Park this fall and what options will be available for kids/families. Superintendent Travis Hanson will host another one-hour online forum this Thursday to share the latest information and updates regarding Deer Park’s return to school plan. Once again, participants will have the opportunity to submit questions (and get some answers!) as information is presented.
Online Community Forum: Thursday, August 6th at 6:00 pm.
Click the link to join: https://zoom.us/j/97859089666
Many of you are seeing news that a number of districts in our region have chosen to move to a fully remote learning model. You might be wondering why Deer Park (along with a number of other districts) has yet to join those districts. On Thursday, we’ll address that question as well as the following items:
- New information from Spokane Regional Health and the Washington State Dept. of Health
- Deer Park’s selected rotating (A/B) schedule
- A quick revisit of Washington’s requirements for public schools: screening, physical distancing, PPE (face coverings)
- Updated information about athletics and activities programs
- Potential changes to the 2020-2021 school calendar (calendar modifications that might allow us to better serve families)
- Alternative offerings for families looking for support/guidance in a fully online model
- Contingency planning (what if we’re not allowed to have kids in our classrooms?)
- Answers to your questions
Whether you’ll be accessing the forum from your computer or a smartphone, you’ll have the opportunity to submit questions to panelists who will either answer your questions online or pass them along to Superintendent Hanson to be answered during the forum.
Looking forward to having you join us Thursday night!