We’re excited about moving forward with "digital delivery" of student grade reports (report cards). DPSD had plans to move forward with digital delivery prior to the pandemic, but as it was for so many school districts and organizations, we were forced to focus on other vitally important items for the past couple years!
Perhaps the best part of this implementation is that neither school staff nor parents need to learn how to use another new system. Grade reports are easily posted and viewed in Skyward Family Access. Family Access is an online student information portal Deer Park parents have used for years to see classroom notes, student grades, school fees & fines, lunch balances, and also school communication preferences - just to name a few of the things available to parents in Family Access.
As it pertains to posting grade reports in Skyward Family Access, here's what families need to know:
- First semester ends on Friday, January 27 (this is a half-day for ALL students). One week later, on Friday, February 3, report cards will be posted for viewing inside Skyward Family Access. As you can see in the screenshot below, the blue navigation bar on the left side of the Family Access screen has a “Portfolio” tab - by simply clicking that tab you’ll have the ability to see your student’s first semester report card! Have multiple kids in the system? Just click the drop-down button next to “All Students” at the top of the Family Access screen and then select the student whose school information (grade report) you would like to view...then click the "Portfolio" tab.
- Of course, all of this is dependent on your ability to log into Skyward Family Access. If you’re a frequent visitor to Skyward Family Access, you’ve got nothing to do - you’re ready to view your child’s grade report when it’s posted on February 3. However, for those of you that have never logged into Family Access, we’d like you to ensure you’re ready to go prior to grade reports being posted - just follow these steps:
- Head to the Skyward Family Access login page (our district website and each of our school sites has a Skyward button prominently displayed on the homepage)
- If you’ve never logged into Family Access and do not know your Skyward password, click the link that says “Forgot your Login/Password” - you will be taken to a screen asking for your email address. If your email address is on file with the school district, you will be sent an email containing a link that can be used to reset your password. If the district does not have your email address in our Skyward database, you’ll need to reach out to the main office of the school your child attends to have your email address added and to have Skyward Family Access enabled.
- Note: Even if you’ve previously logged in, the “Forgot your Login/Password same link can always be used if you’re having trouble getting into Skyward Family Access.
Digital delivery has been an oft-requested feature and we believe it will be a simple and efficient way for a large number of families to view student grade reports. However, if for any reason you need to have a hard copy of the report card printed and sent (or would like to stop into a school office and receive a hard copy), we're happy to help. Just reach out to the main office of the school your child(ren) attends and they'll ensure you get a hard copy of your student's report card.